Helpful Links

Internet not connected (22)

Tutor

Internet not connected (22)

My service was installed two days ago and I have still not been able to get the Genie HR-44/700 on the internet. The DVR will see the WiFi router (Belkin) but I'm unable to get to the internet. When I perform the connection I get an 86-350 error. Any ideas? I've already opened ports on the router that point to an IP that I reserved for the DVR (via MAC address).

Message 1 of 9
Employee

Re: Internet not connected (22)

disable any MAC address filtering and set your router for DHCP.  do a red button reset on the HR44 and repeat network set up

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 9
Tutor

My router is already set to do DHCP, but is it not possible to use the HR44 with MAC address filtering? I mean, I'm not choosing to do that as a lark, I actually have a reason why I want to perform that function on my router.

Message 3 of 9
Employee

of course you can.  Make sure then that you are following your router's directions to set an IP address by the device MAC address.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 9
Tutor

Perhaps I should be more clear. The router is set up to disallow any DHCP requests from any MAC address that is not in its list. So, I have added the MAC address of the HR-44 to the list and opened ports for the various services in the virtual servers configuration section of the router. When I run the network connection/configuration function on the HR-44, the box will connect to the network and report Ethernet connected, but will not connect to the internet. I think this suggests that either the DHCP is not working correctly or that the router's firewall is preventing connection to the outside world.

I think your suggestion is a good one, even though it will make me have to re-jigger the wifi connections to other devices on the network. At least it should prove that the box can see the internet from inside my network. But ideally, I'd want to get it running under the same conditions as I have it now...

Message 5 of 9
Employee

Exactly, error 22 means that the HR44 can see your network but something is blocking its outside access to the net

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 9
Expert

Note that these boxes work very reliably on a DHCP router with no Mac filtering or firewall.  Start adding that stuff and things get sticky.  I personally never run either one and have never been breached.

Message 7 of 9
Tutor

Well I'm up and running now. I disabled MAC address filtering and setup WEP security (not my favorite but expedient). The manual connection wizard found the router and connected first try. I'll keep adding things back and see where it craps out. Thanks for all the help!

Message 8 of 9
Administrator

Do a Hard reset on your router, and then let it re-add devices.  MAC filtering for home networks, does nothing than gives a false sense of security.  If you have DHCP setup, any devices connecting to the router, should grab an IP.  Now of course there are some routers that are not that great, so you may want to try swapping out the Belking, for say a Trendnet, or Asus Wireless Router.  The Asus have been ranked as the better router series, by the rank & file.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support