Incomplete recording stops before time alloted

Incomplete recording stops before time alloted

Twice I have now had programs scheduled to record for 1:10 stop at 1:05 missing, in both cases, the crucial last scene.  It is irritating to say the least, especially when someone else had the same complaint on this site but it is Locked so I have no chance to view the response.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Incomplete recording stops before time alloted

Are they on FX? it's a commonly reported problem, due to some weird guid e data problem. I have padded all my FX series links by 30 minutes to make sure I get them.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5

One was on A&EHD, the other was WGNHD.  As I said, the frustrating part of it is the length of the show recorded bar read 1:10 which was the length of the show in the guide, but both stopped at about 1:05 leaving the crucial last 5 minutes unviewable.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

Not seen the problem on any channel except FX but maybe it's the same issue.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5

Evidently not solvable by DirecTV.  You have to change the recording stop times. 

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support