Helpful Links

IR/RF extender

IR/RF extender

I want to relocate my genie HD DVR to a closet but I don't know what type/kind of extender to control the Genie with. help?

Message 1 of 7
Employee

Re: IR/RF extender

What is the model number of your genie?

What is the model number of your remote control?

You can find the model number of your remote control on the top left corner of The Remote

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7

The Genie model is H44-500 ant the remote is RC71 I also still have my old style remote model RC65x but I prefer not to use that one if possible.

Message 3 of 7
Employee

Yes, the HR44 plus the RC71 are RF capable.  so you dont need any extenders or what not.  just set up the remote for RF

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7

ok thanks that helps

Message 5 of 7
Employee

You are welcome

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as "correct". Thanks!

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 7
Administrator

There is also the website http://www.waltzremote.com which will allow you to use a mobile device, computer or notebook, to control LAN connected DirecTV receivers & DVR's.  Also the DirecTV or BuddyTV apps for iOS or Android devices.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support