Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I have no picture or sound on my Genie

Tutor

I have no picture or sound on my Genie

I can see the guide, playlist, and menu but get no picture or sound on any channel I select.

Message 1 of 17
ACE - Expert

Re: I have no picture or sound on my Genie

First thing to try is resetting your Genie DVR using the red button near the access card. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 17
Tutor

That was the first thing I tried.  

Message 3 of 17
ACE - Expert

Main Genie DVR?  Genie Client?  Or both?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 17
Tutor

That was the first thing I tried.  It's a genie client.

Message 5 of 17
Tutor

I just checked my genie 4K and I'm having the same problem.  My main DVR is working fine.

Message 6 of 17
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Rander88
‎02-01-2018 12:50 PM

Be sure to also reset the main Genie DVR.  It's the Genie DVR that feeds signals to the Client boxes. 

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 17
Tutor

Thanks; that worked. 

Message 8 of 17
ACE - Expert

Glad to hear. Enjoy!

Message 9 of 17
Contributor

I have to reset my Genie every time I turn the set on

Message 10 of 17
Contributor

I have to reset every time I turn on my tv

Message 11 of 17
ACE - Expert

What model Genie?

How is it connected to your TV?

When did the problem start?

Message 12 of 17
Contributor

I have no sound coming frommTV.

Message 13 of 17
Contributor

I have no sound and my TV goes blank for a short time, then comes back on!

Message 14 of 17
Contributor

didn't like it

Message 15 of 17
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support