Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to program a new Directv remote to Directv receiver

Highlighted
Tutor

How to program a new Directv remote to Directv receiver

I bought a RC66RX Directv remote to replace the original model I have now. It is the correct replacement model. I have a HR24-500 DVR receiver connected to a Sony flat screen TV. The receiver is set to RF and the TV is set to IR. I can’t get the new remote to control the receiver. Since they are both Directv pieces of equipment, I thought it would work directly out of the box. Searching and trying different methods to program it from the Internet has been fruitless. Can someone help me with the procedure to get the Directv remote to work with the Directv receiver, then with the Sony?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎02-10-2019 2:41 PM

Re: How to program a new Directv remote to Directv receiver

You have to use the front panel touch buttons to return the receiver to IR then you can re-pair it to RF if that is what you want.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Worked well-Thanks

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

You are welcome.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support