How do I setup a D12-700 receiver with a slimline dish?

Tutor

How do I setup a D12-700 receiver with a slimline dish?

I recently moved a D12-700 receiver that I kept in my garage to my shop 2 miles down the road. The shop has already been equipped with a Directv Slimline 3LNB Dish. I have tried to everything to get this set up. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Message 1 of 20
Employee

Re: How do I setup a D12-700 receiver with a slimline dish?

Connect the receiver to the dish and when it gets to acquire the satellite signals press the EXIT button and repeat the satellite settings as follow

Here are the steps to change the dish settings.

From the Menu

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to - select Parental, Favorites, Setup - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select System Set Up - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select Satellite - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select Repeat Satellite Setup - press Select button

Follow the on screen instructions and press the - Dash button

A new screen will be shown

Use the Arrow buttons navigate to Switch - then press the Select button

In the drop-down box use the Arrow buttons to highlight  02 Multiswitch then press Select button

Use the Arrow buttons and highlight Dish Type - press the Select button

In the drop-down box use the Arrow buttons to highlight 01-18" round then press the Select button

Use the Arrow buttons to navigate to Continue until you can hight light - Watch DirectTV

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 20
Tutor

Will this work by selecting the 18" round dish? Is that the same as a Slimline 3LNB?

Message 3 of 20
Employee

Yes, you  should select Slimily 3LNB.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 20
Tutor

I'm sorry! I'm completely new at this and trying to learn. I've done quite a  bit of research to no avail.

Message 5 of 20
Tutor

Is there anything in particular I should check on the dish itself to the wiring on the house beforehand? Everything was previously set-up from the owners before

Message 6 of 20
Employee

Well, make sure the coax you are suing is actually going to the dish

Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 20
Tutor

Yes, I was aware of that. I just wasn't sure if there was anything else I needed to check as in lnb's or anything else! Thank you!

Message 8 of 20
Employee

You are welcome

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as answered. Thanks!

Employee Contributor*
Message 9 of 20
Expert

On the Slimline dish look at the coax outputs. (see link 1)  There will be either one or four.  If four then you can connect a coax from any one of the outputs to the input on the D12.  If one, then it's a SWM dish and will require a power inserter (see link 2) in the coax between the dish and the D12.

DIRECTV SL3-SWM SlimLine Single Wire Ka/Ku Triple LNB With Built-In Multiswitch (SL3-SWM) from Solid...

DIRECTV PI-21 21V 1.5A Power Inserter for SWimLine dish (PI-21) from Solid Signal

Message 10 of 20
Tutor

Am I not just able to run the coax directly from the dish straight into the receiver? The way it is set up now it runs into a SWM splitter with 4 outputs.  So, does this mean I must require a power inserter?

Message 11 of 20
Employee

Then you have a SWM dish.  if the dish is already working then the PI is already installed and you do not need another one.  But the question now is, how many and what type of receivers are already connected to that SWM dish.

if you have a SWM LNB, that only supports 8 tuners

Employee Contributor*
Message 12 of 20
Tutor

The dish was there before I purchased the property.

The previous occupants stated the Dish worked fine. I'm not sure what receivers or system they were running.

All I want to do is hook up the D12-700 receiver to the satellite and watch it on one tv.

There are coax cable runs under ground into a splitter that has 4 outputs coming out.

The error message I receiver when I try to set it up says 49-962. NO SWM channels. Too many tuners connected to the coax.

Message 13 of 20
Tutor

Would it just be easier if I got an older dish that is compatible with the D12-700 SD receiver and wired it straight to the receiver?

Message 14 of 20
Employee

Sure.

Employee Contributor*
Message 15 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support