Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I jump to a specific date and time in the new Genie guide?

How do I jump to a specific date and time in the new Genie guide?

You used to be able to hold down the dash button and get a jump to date and time menu. Now it just brings up search. Is there another way to jump to a specific date and time, besides using the ff button to jump 12 hours at a time? I used this function all the time when searching for shows, and jumping 12 hours at a time doesn’t cut it. 

Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I jump to a specific date and time in the new Genie guide?

Mini Guide can be used when you press ENTER button on Genie remote.

Message 2 of 14

I’m not looking for the mini guide. I want to ability to select a date and time to jump to from the guide. This used to be able to be done with pressing the dash button on the remote. A drop down menu would appear, and you could easily jump to what ever date you selected. Now you can only skip forward in time in 12 hour increments. I was just wondering if there was another way to do what you used to be able to do with the dash button, before they replaced it with search on every menu.

Message 3 of 14
Contributor

Was this ever answered? My Genie guide was just updated 2 days ago HATE IT & Im trying to figure how to get to specific date too?

Message 4 of 14

No... it was never answered correctly.

I’ve had the new guide for awhile now, and have not figured out a way to do this. I’m going to assume that skip to a specific date and time function has been removed. 

A real bummer for those of us who used it.

Message 5 of 14
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTCustomerCare
‎05-17-2018 5:53 AM

Enter 0 on the remote, you'll get the guide option menu with the Jump to a Date & Time option, I guess AT&T expects users to push random buttons to find out how to use the new UI

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 14

Thank you!!!!!!  

Just to clarify for other people- you have to be in the guide and long press 0. It won’t work unless your in the guide. It took me a few minutes to figure that out. 

Thanks for figuring that out!

Message 7 of 14
Contributor

I can’t thank you enough for the explanation of how to do this. I just got the new layout for Directv a few weeks ago and I absolutely hate it. It makes it more confusing than it needs to be. 

Message 8 of 14

Thank you so very much! This was driving me crazy, as I use this feature a lot.

Message 9 of 14
Tutor

thank you so much!!!! wish they could have kept the same format with the (dash)....but thank you anyways!!!!

Message 10 of 14
Tutor

Thank you everyone! We just received this dreaded update. We use the search by date constantly and I’m so happy we can still do this! Too bad the Directv people aren’t given these instructions. When you FINALLY get to talk to someone, the agent doesn’t have this information! I’m so happy now!😊

Message 11 of 14
Contributor

press the number zero on the remote, the drop down menu will appear and that is where the search option is located

Message 12 of 14
Contributor

When I press 0, I get msg "Channel not available". Any advice? Thx. 

Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@Woody. wrote:

When I press 0, I get msg "Channel not available". Any advice? Thx. 

What DVR/Receiver model number do you have? 

This answer applies to newer Genie equipment only.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support