Helpful Links

How can I connect a genie wireless mini to a TV coax input?

Contributor

How can I connect a genie wireless mini to a TV coax input?

Have several non-hd tv's, want to convert to genie wireless

Message 1 of 12
ACE - Expert

Re: How can I connect a genie wireless mini to a TV coax input?

You need a composite dongle, as in http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=10pincompos  Make sure you get the correct one, there is a Component dongle also.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12

Try to use the 10-pin Mini-DIN output connector or buy a converter from HDMI to RCA, HDMI to Composite. If you are near any local stores that sells those like RadioShack, then you can check if it is available. Or check and order online at SolidSignal.

Message 3 of 12
Employee

you need the cable user texasbrit linked PLUS an RF modulator

http://amzn.to/1qyZEjZ

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 12
ACE - Expert

You only need the modulator if the TV only has coax - many SD TVs have yellow composite video then you don't need the modulator.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 12
Employee

The OP title is "how to connect mini to a TV coax input"

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 12
ACE - Expert

Apologies, I only read the post not the title.....!!!!

Message 7 of 12
Contributor

OK, but the RF Modulator only has 3 inputs and the dongle has 6 plugs????

Message 8 of 12
Employee

Employee Contributor*
Message 9 of 12
Contributor

Ahhh,

This is the cable I have.

Was connected to my daughter's TV. She moved to school and took that TV with her.

The only TV I have only has a coax input...

Laura Goodwin-Wright

Message 10 of 12
Contributor

Does it matter which RF modulator I buy?

Laura Goodwin-Wright

Message 11 of 12
Employee

nope, the are all the same

Employee Contributor*
Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support