Helpful Links

Have 2 HD DVRs. When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will. Ideas?

Tutor

Have 2 HD DVRs. When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will. Ideas?

Have 2 HD DVRs.  When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will.  Ideas?

Message 1 of 7
Employee

Re: Have 2 HD DVRs.  When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will.  Ideas?

how are these DVRs connected to the internet?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

Re: Have 2 HD DVRs.  When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will.  Ideas?

Both are connected through my home network.  DirecTV is sending a technician to look at something called a swim connection (??). Just watched an episode of PTI on the TV that has been working fine.  It was recorded on the DVR that has been a problem.  The playback worked fine.  Go figure.

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Have 2 HD DVRs. When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will. Ideas?

What model numbers are your DVRs?  How exactly are they connected to your home network?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Tutor

Re: Have 2 HD DVRs. When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will. Ideas?

The DVRs are HR 24-200 (apparently malfunctioning) and HR 24-100 (seemingly working fine).

They're connected to the home network wirelessly.  (I may be answering this question inaccurately.)  A couple of years ago, a reputable and long-standing audio-video company installed all my equipment hidden in closets.  Have been working seamlessly until these playback problems started occurring a few weeks ago.  I watch things like Netflix through the wireless home network.

Message 5 of 7
Tutor

Had a DirecTV tech. visit.  He determined the HD DVR was defective.  Received a new one and all is well!

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

Good to hear. Thanks for the update!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support