Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HS17 replacement

Tutor

HS17 replacement

I am having problems with all 4 of my installed clients. Problems include, but not limited to, picture freeze, unwarranted reboots, changing channels with remote causing reboots, and the list goes on with too many problems as others here have stated. Again, this happens on each " client" and at various times for no reason. I have unplugged, turned off, and reset each client and the HS17 server to many times and I feel I shouldn't have to. So back to my question, seems these problems are on all "clients", can I assume a HS17 server would possibly eliminate these problems ? I do not have all 4 TV's on at once, the most is 2. It also does not matter the time of day or the weather conditions. I live in Goodyear, AZ so weather is not an issue. I have had the system for over 1 tear now and this has been a constant problem from day one. DTV C/S has the standard answer of rest this, unplug that, we are working on it, or we have never heard of this problem, depending who I talk to.

Message 1 of 18
ACE - Expert

Re: HS17 replacement

@robkleinpeter wrote:

Also, the HS17 only uses the 2GHz for internet if wired is not an optoon.  5 GHz is clients.  FYI.  

That's interesting as my HR44 can use the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz to connect to internet (a bonus as my new router supports both where my old one only did the 2.4).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 18
ACE - Expert

Ideally an "upgrade" should be better. But going to a new model number is what can happen in a warranty replacement. Such as going from an HR21 to HR22. They are both regular HDDVRs, but the HR22 is when they increased to a 500GB hard drive. I had a talk with someone who used their upgrade and replaced a HDDVR with a Client. To me that was a downgrade, but he was doing a remodel on his home and where the one TV would be a regular box would not fit size way so it was an "upgrade" for what he wanted out of it.

A warranty replacement of C41W could net a C61W, with no agreement renewal and you still have upgrade qualified if something special comes up before you would next be qualified. Regardless if warranty or upgrade, lucking out on the newer model with improved service is awesome.

Now all they have to do is change it so the Genie-2 allows other HDDVRs on the account, or make new SWM only HDDVRs that work with the Genie-2, and I will then consider it an upgrade (with bugs fixed of course).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 18

This is where I read it.  Should have stated that as I have not verified it myself but these folks are pretty reliable.  

http://iamanedgecutter.com/docs/HS17_Genie2_Edgecutter_Review.pdf

Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support