Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HR44-500 upgrade?

Contributor

HR44-500 upgrade?

I currently have an HR44-500 Genie receiver.  I am eligible for a free equipment upgrade.  What is the latest equipment, and how is it different than what I already have?  Is there something new coming soon that I should wait for before upgrading?  My equipment works fine, just trying to figure out if there is any reason to upgrade.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎03-31-2016 10:59 PM

Re: HR44-500 upgrade?

Unless you take the plunge and go to 4K, there's no upgrade from what you have. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

I have a 4K tv with the HR44-500 reciever can I get a upgrade for my 4K tv you can send me a email at ***

Thanks

Mark

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

You have to call/chat with DTV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

4K Requirements:

HR54 Genie on non 4K tv (Can connect to a 4K tv, but will not provide the 4K feed to it).

C61K Mini Genie Client (wired only at this time) on 4K tv

4K tv must support HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0, and 60fps (frames per second)

Directv Installation, 4K tv must be there

Package Select or above as of 12/15/2016 (used to be only Ultimate or Premier)

At this time there are only three 4K channels. 1 regular, 1 select sporting events, 1 PPV.

Even if you have multiple C61K or RVU clients, only one tv can be using a 4K channel at a time.

If you order a C61K 4K upgrade, Directv was swapping earlier Genies (HR34/HR44) for the HR54 to be compatible. Keep in mind recordings from any DVR/Genie swapped do not copy over.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support