Helpful Links

HR34 Will not connect to internet

Contributor

HR34 Will not connect to internet

I recently had to replace my box due to the HDMI port not working. It was connected to the internet via Ethernet and worked just fine.

I connected the replacement box the same exact way but get no internet. I have tried different cables, reset to defaults, reset the box, all to no effect. I even tried unhooking the the Ethernet cable and using a Broadband Deca instead, which included resetting the device and everything.

I can reset my router and modem until i am blue and still nothing.

I have a PS3 and TV connected to the same router that access the internet no problem.

If i press the - on the controller it states never connected. In the settings it mentions something about coax.

I do not have the exact words other than what i have described as i am not home currently. I'm just frustrated and would hate to have to replace the box again and lose more recordings, lists etc.

Thanks for listening.

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: HR34 Will not connect to internet

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Genie HD DVR Model: HR34-700

Message 3 of 5
Employee

tell us more about your network configuration

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I have Cox internet which goes into the modem. Ethernet goes to the Netgear router. From there i have Ethernet going to PS3, TV, PC, and DTV.

Only thing that changed was the HR34 had to be replaced. It will not see Internet at all.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support