Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HR24-500 Internet Connection

Highlighted
Contributor

HR24-500 Internet Connection

My HR24-500 HDDVR receiver was connected until recently wirelessly to the internet via a Linksys WGA600N adapter.  For the past several months the Linksys will no longer will connect the receiver to the internet (have not changed any settings and reset does not solve problem).  I do not have whole home DVR and am not using WiFi to connect my other HD receivers to the internet.  They are wired directly and the connection works fine.  Am wondering if the Linksys adapter is no longer an option and if I should use DirecTV's cinema connection kit instead?

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by njwoodrum
‎01-18-2017 11:32 AM

Re: HR24-500 Internet Connection

You can still use the adapter (it may need to be replaced) or have DTV install a hard wired DECA BB or get a DTV CCKW to connect wireless.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Thanks for the info.  Found a  refurbished CCK to install and got reconnected to the internet with no problem. 

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

You are welcome.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7

Why can't you just put visual diagrams of how to install your equipment here? Dear God you people at AT&T/DirecTV make this so much harder than it should be.

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

@toddster34, because the vast majority of folks wouldn't know how to follow a wiring diagram.  What exactly are you trying to do?  You'll find some good diagrams at Solid Signal's web site. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 6 of 7
Teacher

I have this problem with my HR24-500 where it says I am connected to the internet but cannot connect to MyApps or Pandora.  I have whole home and my second box in another room (HR24-200) also connects to the internet and I can connect to MyApps and Pandora.  What is the problem with the HR24-500 receiver?

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support