HD Receiver keeps freezing up

Contributor

HD Receiver keeps freezing up

My receiver was working fine this morning, kids were watching the flintstones on Boomerang. I changed the  channel over to my nfl sunday ticket channels to watch pregame, and after a few seconds my receiver completely froze up. This is only happening to my main HD receiver. I can go to my bedroom and everything works fine. I've tried restarting the receiver and resetting the access card by removing the card and pressing the reset button. It makes the receiver come back on, but then it freezes up seconds later.

Hmm new development while writing this, did the access card rest thing again and was typing this while restarting. My kid changed it to nick when it came back on, and no problems. If i turn it back on the nfl sunday ticket channels, it will freeze up again. How do i take care of this? Is this happening to everybody?

Message 1 of 54
Tutor

Re: HD Receiver keeps freezing up

Same thing here. Our HD receiver is freezing up on NFL Sunday ticket. 3 times now, no wonder it's free.

Message 2 of 54
Tutor

I'm having the same exact problem. All was working fine this morning, turned on sunday ticket pregame and reciever freezes up. Reset a number of times but keeps freezing up. On hold now 12+ minutes to try to get some help. I can't imagine what the bars are going through if this is a systems problem throughout. Yikes. If I ever get a human on the line that can help..I'll be back to fill you in

Message 3 of 54
Employee

best to post these queries on the NFL broadcast forums

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 54
Contributor

I'm having the same issue also

Message 5 of 54
Contributor

Exact same here, thought it was my receiver messing up!  Guess I won't be watching the free Sunday ticketYell

Message 6 of 54
Tutor

Just talked with customer service and this is in fact a systems problem that has been reported effecting things nationally. They suggest to keep checking back periodically to see when they have it fixed...Good luck all..Go Eagles!!

Message 7 of 54
Contributor

Same thing here, but my other TV's get it upstairs with no problem. All I did this morning was add Showtime to my account at 9am. I have already reset my receiver twice and nadda. I pay for this service and its not free for me. Tis is ridiculous!

Message 8 of 54
Tutor

Are all your other tvs hooked up to an HD reciever? I'm getting the nfl ticket on a standard reciever in another room.

Message 9 of 54
Contributor

Thanks Connollk1 for the fail response from DirecTV.

Message 10 of 54
Contributor

My standrad receiver works fine as well.

Message 11 of 54
Contributor

Same problem here in San Diego, i'm a paying customer too, ridiculous

Message 12 of 54

I am having the same issue. Except nothing is working at all now!!!!!

Message 13 of 54
Contributor

Everything keeps freezing, have 22 recievers for my store and all keep freezing.  Located in Austin, maybe thats why they gave it out free this year cuz they knew they were going to have probelms.

Message 14 of 54
Contributor

my non-HD setup in the bedroom is working fine, looks to be just an HD issue

Message 15 of 54
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support