Explore & discover

Helpful Links

H25-500 AV out cable

Highlighted

H25-500 AV out cable

I have an H25-500 receiver and asked about the AV out cable to connect to TV with component input.  They tell me there is no such thing so what's the story with that.  I found the cables on amazon and I found another post that says the installation tech should have them in his truck.  Are the people at directv not knowledgeable about this or is there really no such cable and I'm just hallucinating about the ads on amazon?

Message 1 of 9
Expert
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎09-05-2013 7:41 AM

Re: H25-500 AV out cable

Yes, there is a 10 PIN componet cable for the H25 receiver.  but why not use HDMI?

call DirecTV again and see if you ahve beter luck this time

Message 2 of 9

This TV doesn't have HDMI otherwise I would use it.  It was bought just before HDMI became the norm.

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Expert

You can also order these cables from dealers like http://www.solidsignal.com

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
Expert

Note that the 10 pin dongle comes in both composite and component models.  You must use component if you want to get a HD signal.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=h2510pin&d=directv-h2510pin-10-pin-to-component-dongle-for-di...)

Message 5 of 9

I ordered the right one so we'll see if it works when it arrives.

Message 6 of 9
Expert

Awesome.  Keep us posted

Message 7 of 9

The cable I got from solid signal site worked perfectly.  All is well in the household again.

Message 8 of 9
Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for update
Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support