Helpful Links

Guide Info Missing

Contributor

Guide Info Missing

Hi Folks, I have a new receiver that was installed a few months ago... everything went fine on the install and now it just started to lose the guide info this past week. Any thoughts?

Tags (4)
Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: Guide Info Missing

What model Receiver/DVR?  Look for the label on the rear panel or behind the front panel access card door.

Do you have other Receiver/DVRs?  Do they have the same problem?

Is all of the Guide Data missing?  Just some channels?  Just after a few days?

Who installed the Receiver?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

It is a HR21-200. I do have another Rec/DVR and that one is working fine.

All of the guide info states regular programming. It just started to do this and I installed it myself 3 months ago and was working fine until the other day.

Message 3 of 8
Employee

I would start by making sure the right dish has been selected under the the "satellite settings"

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8
Expert

Press and hold the info button on both a working receiver and the problem one.  As Ped's suggested, you can then compare the dish type you have in the setup.

Message 5 of 8
Contributor

Thanks. They were both on the same setting... so I changed nothing. Funny thing is that it seems to be working now. But recently I've seen an error 920 "receiver hasn't retrived guide info in X hours" Any idea on that one?

Message 6 of 8
Employee

What is the model of the other receiver?

what type of dish do you have?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 8
Expert

As Peds indicates, that message is usually caused by having the wrong dish model selected OR a 5 LNB dish has the line of sight to the 119 satellite blocked.

SL3 LNB DIRECTV SL3-SWM SlimLine Single Wire Ka/Ku Triple LNB With Built-In Multiswitch (SL3-SWM) from Solid...

SL5 LNB http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=sl5&d=directv-sl5-slimline-five-lnb-ka/ku-slim-line-lnb-for-s...

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support