Helpful Links

GenieGo cannot find Genie

Teacher

GenieGo cannot find Genie

Hello,

I am having problems setting up GenieGo.  I have the GenieGo connected directly to my Motorola 3347 wireless modem and I get an amber status and blue network lights.

I have checked and my Genie and my other HD-DVR are connected and SWIM is working.

I have tried to re-boot the GENIEGo and nothing seems to work

Message 1 of 37
ACE - Expert

Re: GenieGo cannot find Genie

How exactly is the GenieGo connected to your modem?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 37
Teacher

I am using the supplied Ethernet cable hooking it directly into the wireless modem.

Message 3 of 37
ACE - Expert

That modem has a built-in ethernet switch, right?  How are you Genie and HD DVRs connected to your home network for internet access? 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 37
Teacher

The modem does have a switch.  The Genie and DVRs are connected through SWIM and the Genie has a wireless connection

Message 5 of 37
Employee

The fact that the GenieGo has an amber light means that the gateway is blocking it access to the web

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 37
Teacher

Can you log into your router and check to see that you can see the GenieGO and the Genie in the network client list?

Is upnp enabled on your router?

Message 7 of 37
Teacher

It shows UPnP is enabled.  I tried to create a bridge but that shut down my internet.  Trying to find the NCL.

Message 8 of 37
Teacher

I have tried to do advanced port forwarding but because I can't access the GenieGo information I can't inter the starting and ending port parameters.

Message 9 of 37
Administrator

Port forwarding is only required for the OOH (Out of Home)  setup.

Message 10 of 37
Administrator

Are both the network and activity lights blue? Looking at the geniego manual they have a solution when one of them is not blue, but nothing when both are blue.

Message 11 of 37
Teacher

only the network is blue...  Activity is not. 

Message 12 of 37
Administrator

That means GenieGO can’t find an HD DVR to communicate with.

Solution.

Make sure that the HD DVR is powered on

(stand-by mode is OK) and that you have

an active Internet connection.

Question. Does your TV connected to the genie show On Demand?

Message 13 of 37
Administrator

Also what do you see when you press the - (dash) on the remote

Message 14 of 37
Teacher

guide shows on demand

Message 15 of 37
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support