Explore & discover

Helpful Links

GenieGO status lights not lighting up

Teacher

GenieGO status lights not lighting up

I installed my GenieGo to my wireless router per the instructions.  I have 4 HD DVRs, including one Genie, and they are all connected using Whole-Home with the SWiM system.  The GenieGO network light is blue, the status light is yellow, and the activity light appears to be dark and not lit up.  I have unplugged everything and plugged it all back in again, and nothing has changed.  I downloaded the GenieGO app on my computer and it says "No HD DVRs found."  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 38
Tutor

Re: GenieGO status lights not lighting up

Hi there, you might need to open up the ports on your Modem/Router, I still do not have a GenieGo but as per the instructions on the DirecTV site it appears not all gateways open the ports automatically.

Message 16 of 38
Expert

in order for the ports to be open for OOH, the GenieGo must first be able to "call" the mothership
Message 17 of 38
Tutor

Why not just open the ports manually? I think that's what his problem is.

Message 18 of 38
Teacher

I opened all the ports and it's still not working.  I contacted DirecTV tech support and they couldn't fix it either.  They're escalating to their engineering group.  Thanks for your help everyone.

Message 19 of 38
Expert

did you reset the GenieGo after shuting down your firewall?
Message 20 of 38
Teacher

Just tried that again.  Same result.

Message 21 of 38
Mentor

Have you considered that the GenieGo may be defective ? It is not out of the realm of possibility.   Call and explain the situation and ask for a replacement unit..  Just a thought..

Message 22 of 38
Expert

it could very well be.  However, the signs points to a network issue
Message 23 of 38
Teacher

A DirecTV Engineer is scheduled to call me Wednesday night.  I assume he can authorize a replacement device if he determines mine is faulty.

Message 24 of 38
Mentor

I do not know much about networks, but it seems as if he has tried everything we have suggested and still the GenieGo does not act right.  But then again like I said you know more than I do..

Message 25 of 38
Teacher

DirecTV called me tonight and they still couldn't correct the problem.  They scheduled another engineer to call me Sunday night.  I can't believe it's this difficult.

Message 26 of 38
Mentor

I know it is disheartening,  but you know that they are working on finding the problem.

Message 27 of 38

I have the same router (Motorola SBG658) from Time Warner, the Genie Receiver is connected via Wireless Connection Kit...the GenieGO is connected directly to the router...my issue is that I can prepare content and then download to phone but then the GenieGO "prepares for others" the same show and freezes up the GenieGO...it doesnt allow me to prepare anything else...I have already got a replacement GenieGO sent to me from DirecTV and still have the same problem....Let me know if u get yours up and running, I would like to compare settings for the router...wehuntfamily@gmail.com   (Chris)

Message 28 of 38
Teacher

The same level 1 DirecTV tech called me again tonight and suggested that we reinstall the GenieGO app on my computer and reactivate.  I tried to tell him I was certain nothing was going to work until we could get all the lights on the GenieGO to turn blue, but he didn't believe me.  30 minutes later, after reinstalling the app and futzing around with him on the phone, I'm still at the same place.  The tech is planning to get more advice from another Engineer and call me back again on Tuesday night.  I requested to let me speak directly to a "real engineer", but he said he couldn't allow me to do that.  I'm losing confidence that we'll be able to correct this problem.

Message 29 of 38
Mentor

I had written you earlier that your Geniego might be Defective,  just for giggles call Direct and ask for a replacement unit. While you are waiting for the level 1 tech to recover from the cranial rectal insertion it will give you something to do, and it might even cure the problem..Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 38
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support