Helpful Links

Genie2 Series Manager Detail

Contributor

Genie2 Series Manager Detail

I have been having problems with my Genie system and am contemplating upgrading to the Genie 2 system.  

While I understand the additional storage capacity and that it is now capable of recording seven shows at one time (versus five) no one has been able to tell me if the current limitation of 100 shows in the series manager has carried over into the series 2 units or if it has (hopefully) been increased.

It is amazing to me that no one at Directv has been able to answer what should be a very easy question.

Does anyone have a definitive answer??

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Genie2 Series Manager Detail

The HS17 Genie Server is still limited to 100 Series Recording entries.  

Be careful about "upgrading". Search the forum here.  Still lots of growing pains with the HS17.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert

If you want more Series Recording capacity, consider adding an HD DVR to your current setup.  

What Genie DVR model do you currently have?  What sort of issues are you having with it?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

I’m having problems getting programs to record....service guy is on the way 

I just wanted to know if the 100 program limit in series manager is still the limit with the Genie2

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Master

another limit is no other dvr's or receiver with the hs17

so if you have any of them, they would be replaced with minis

could eat into the 7 tuners

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
ACE - Master

explain what you mean by problems getting things to record

how are you choosing the show?

whats it doing?

how many minis, receiver, hddvrs do you have? what genie model?

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support