Genie mini vs separate receiver

Teacher

Genie mini vs separate receiver

I'm about to upgrade my HR24+H24 system to a Genie.  I have had a few hiccups with the HR24, and subsequently have to run to the other room and watch on the H24.

So, my question is:  Wouldn't it be better to replace only the HR24 with a Genie, and keep the H24 for redundancy?  (I don't really need the Whole-home DVR functionality).

Message 1 of 5
Mentor

Re: Genie mini vs separate receiver

I would keep the dvr and replace the regular hd receiver.  That way you keep the recordings, have additional HDD space and the independent dvr would not be reliant on the Genie for programming.

Message 2 of 5
Teacher

Wouldn't they charge me extra for 2 DVR's?

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:47 AM, nolagoat <directv-admin@forums.directv.com

Message 3 of 5
Professor

Yes there is a $6 a month fee for additional TVs you are already paying it for the H24 and the fee applies to the mini clients and DVRs

Message 4 of 5
Expert

There is but one DVR fee per account.  There is the $6 charge referenced but that would apply to either the HR24 or the H24.  Keep the HR24 and sign up for whole home, you'll be glad you did.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support