Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Genie internet connection

Contributor

Genie internet connection

I just purchased a Netgear AC 1900 with dula cahnell, 2.5 and 5g channel. I connected my Genie to the internet (wirelessly) by searching for available wifi, choosing the Netgear 5g and it connected.

When I go into the Genie menu, it shows that I am connected to the internet, but does not show what I am actually connected to.

My question is, if I connected to the netgear 5g, can this connection change to another wifi source automatically, or would I manually have to connect to a different wifi source? I want to know that I am and will always be conected to the 5g and this will not change

Please advise

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Master

Re: Genie internet connection

it should go to the best signal.

2.5ghz i better indoors, 5ghz outdoors

but im a wired guy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Expert)
Accepted by peds48
‎08-24-2016 4:01 PM

If you connected to the 5g it will remain on that Wifi, unless you manually change it to the 2.5

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Yes, I know.  I would like to connect my iPad to the 5G branch of my wifi router. How do I do that?

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@oscar53 wrote:

Yes, I know.  I would like to connect my iPad to the 5G branch of my wifi router. How do I do that?

That's a question for your WiFi Router manufacturer or service provider.  It has nothing to do with DirecTV. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support