Genie Mini gets stuck when trying to fast forward thru a commercial.

Genie Mini gets stuck when trying to fast forward thru a commercial.

We have an HR44-500 DVR and a Genie Mini C41-700.   When using the Genie Mini, several times each hour when trying to fast forward through a commercial, the picture freezes and I have to push the right arrow button to get it to unfreeze.  Sometimes I can continue to fast forward by pushing the fast forward button and sometimes it will not fast forward.  Oddly, it seems to happen a lot when that kitty litter commercial comes on.   Are there certain ads that Direct won't let us skip through.  I have unplugged both units and reset them and it does not seem to help.   Thanks in advance for your comments and possible fixes.

Message 1 of 5

Re: Genie Mini gets stuck when trying to fast forward thru a commercial.

Some have conspiracy theories

Others think it's a glitch that will be fixed in a future software fix

I see it all the time a lot of

People report that same glitch

Message 2 of 5
Employee

Is a bug with locally inserted commercials.  hopefully it gets fixed soon

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I am also having the same problem. It seems like specific commercials and has also happens during the commercial/local weather blurp right before the show comes back on. It is very frustrating. esp since I have to hit the play button to get out of the frozen scene - then it will rewind several frames and If I attempt to fast forward again I become stuck in the same cycle. It is as if someone is Paying Direct TV to force us to watch certain scenes/commercial... Seems very sneeky and underhanded... 

Message 4 of 5
Employee

see post above yours

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support