Genie + HDMI to AVR = no signal

Tutor

Genie + HDMI to AVR = no signal

I've had the Genie for a few months and all was fine until recently. The Genie would not power off, and there was no longer any signal to my Pioneer receiver via HDMI. Tried swapping out cables, still no signal. We had a tech come out to check tings over, and he plugged the HDMI cable directly into the TV, and it worked. For whatever reason, sending the video & audio over HDMI to the Pioneer Elite VSX-21THX resulted in no signal. The original Genie would not power off, so he swapped it out for a new one, but the same issue existed - no signal over HDMI to the Pioneer AVR.

I now have the HDMI running straight into the TV, and an optical cable going to the AVR for audio, but would much prefer just going HDMI into the AVR as I had before. Anyone else with this issue, or know a solution?

Thanks

Message 1 of 20
Employee

Re: Genie + HDMI to AVR = no signal

Get a new AVR as it def seems that is the problem

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 20
Teacher

This is a blast fact we got from engineering a couple weeks ago. Issue should be resolved soon.

I appears that after the latest software download (x862) to the Genie, there are some handshake issues with Pioneer Elite Surround Sound systems, only when the receiver is hooked up via HDMI to the stereo. This can cause the receiver to lock up, no signal on the TV, no sound from the stereo, or a combination of all three.

Message 3 of 20
Teacher

This is the solution until the next download goes through.

The temporary fix is to move a client or another receiver to that location. Do not replace the Genie.

Message 4 of 20
Employee

I have never seen such  "blast fact" and to top it up, there is no x862 software version. so I would take the above with a truck load  of salt.  hard to believe that it will affect a particular brand of receiver

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 20
Expert

I would make sure the input configurations on the AVR were set correctly before I went too far.  A power flicker could conceivably change settings to default or some such.

Message 6 of 20
Teacher

A blast fact is what us in house technicians get when there is an issue going around and other things of that sort.Not sure if you knew the last test software download was 0x862 the newest download just happened a couple days ago which is 0x870. This can be see on the Genie hitting menu going to settings. It list the receiver receiver I'D access card and latest software

Message 7 of 20
Employee

the latest software is 0x863.  0x870 is being roll out now

here is a link to refresh your mind

http://www.redh.com/dtv/

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 20
Tutor

I just got the same issue that happened to me and my Pioneer VSX91TXH, did your problem get solved?  Tech came out to house and replaced Genie and hooked HDMI straight to TV.  HDMI still will not work through Pioneer.

Message 9 of 20
Tutor

Nope, waiting until the roll out of the next update. I'll try it then and hope it works. Hope someone with Directv is following this thread...:smileyplain:

Message 10 of 20
Tutor

I’m like you I hope someone at Directv is following, I was just about to sart shopping for a new receiver.

Message 11 of 20
Tutor

Any luck with this problem yet?  I haven't tried to connect AVR since.

Message 12 of 20
Tutor

Haven't tried yet either, won't until I hear of a fix for the issue.

Message 13 of 20
Tutor

Original post June 1, now end of July, and still not fixed...anyone at Directv listening?

Message 14 of 20
Employee

since the issue happened with two different boxes, I would start to look for the solution else where, as it def looks like the DVR is not the problem

Employee Contributor*
Message 15 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support