Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Force update

Force update

Is there any way to force update c41-700 genie mini from 0x0FBA to the latest new interface?

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: Force update

We never recommend forcing updates as there is beta testing software that can cause more problems. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9

im talking about the software update that takes 14 weeks to roll out to everyone? my friend has it on the new interface already and it automatically happened. Plz tell me how to force. if it breaks its my problem

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by bdswedberg
‎01-18-2018 4:00 PM

You can't force it.  It will come when it's your equipment's turn.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 9

when are all the directv cutomers going to see it, when will the "final" equipment update?

Message 5 of 9
ACE - Expert

@bdswedberg, none of us know.  I'm guessing they've slowed down the rollout given all of the complaints about the new menus. 

Message 6 of 9

@litzdog911 thank you for the info

Message 7 of 9
Contributor

As per Directv support, you can force the upgrade by performing the following steps:

Reset the receiver by pressing the red reset button.

While on blue screen, enter 0 2 4 6 using the remote.

That's it.  Suggest performing it late in the evening as the process takes a long time to complete.  

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Expert

gnowell wrote:

As per Directv support, you can force the upgrade by performing the following steps:

Reset the receiver by pressing the red reset button.

While on blue screen, enter 0 2 4 6 using the remote.

That's it.  Suggest performing it late in the evening as the process takes a long time to complete.  

DANGER, DANGER, DANGER!!!

It's very risky to force DirecTV software updates.  You have no idea what version you might get.  An early beta software release could wipe out recordings.  It's happened to folks before.  Proceed at your own risk!

DirecTV software updates happen on an automatic schedule.  No need to force anything. 

If you want to play the beta software game, sign up as a beta tester at www.iamanedgecutter.com

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support