Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Flashing "Connecting" Screen

Contributor

Flashing "Connecting" Screen

For the past week my TV has been unable to connect to the receiver. Every time I turn on my TV it immediately goes to a light grey screen and flashes in between that screen and a screen with a "connecting" bar. I've tried resetting the box and and unplugging everything but nothing seems to be working. It cut out randomly while I was watching TV last week.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Flashing "Connecting" Screen

Have you also tried resetting your main Genie DVR using the red button near the access card?

What models are you Genie DVR and other boxes?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Over the last 3 days I have reset my Genie model C41-100 several times, as well as plugged & unplugged all cords including internet.  No change.   The main tv/receiver (HR44-500) work without any issue.

2017-11-26 10.17.00.jpgThis screen just flashes continuously & connecting bar keeps 'running'.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

@AzMich, have you also tried resetting your main Genie DVR using the red button behind the access card door?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

It worked!!!   Thanks so much!

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

@AzMich, you're welcome!

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support