Helpful Links

First time Satellite service subscriber. High hopes for DVR promotion, buzzzzzzzzz (nope)

Tutor

First time Satellite service subscriber. High hopes for DVR promotion, buzzzzzzzzz (nope)

I am 55 years old, retired Air Force veteran. In the service I had to move nearly every year so I usually always

had cable service for 99% of my life. Now, I've settled down and purchased a home in the country, I had to sign

up with a satellite service. Over the years, I've watched the two major companies advertise promotions and 

I've continuously received promotions in the snail mail from the both of them. Some seemed very attractive with

Free DVR service for 3 or 6 mos. Up to 4 rooms free installations and etc. So, now comes my time to actually order

Sat service and what do I get?  I'm not yet totally sure, but I definitely didn't get the DVR or the DVR service. In fact,

I'm not sure I got any kind of promotion at all! There was a mention about a gift card if I remained subscribed for so

long a period, (the representative was hard to understand her English). Needless to say, I am let down about, especially

when I was informed that I will be locked in for 2 years. I have a few more days to cancel and still contemplating. 

Let down in Missouri

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: First time Satellite service subscriber. High hopes for DVR promotion, buzzzzzzzzz (nope)

Being a new customer to Directv and not getting any kind of promotion is practically unheard of. When you placed the order for service you would have been emailed your order confirmation confirming what kind of equipment and promotions you are getting. Most new customer offers will cover getting the Genie, which is Directv's branding of their most advanced DVR (not counting the one that is rolling out to some test markets)

Check the order confirmation and verify what you are getting. If you are still not sure on everything you are getting, do not install the service until talking with customer care in case you need to make any changes to the order.

All intro offers come with the 24 month agreement, just like equipment upgrades you may do in the future. You have 24hrs from your install appointment (new customer install only, not upgrades), to cancel service without an early cancellation fee. So if you are not yet installed, make sure you talk with Directv first.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: First time Satellite service subscriber. High hopes for DVR promotion, buzzzzzzzzz (nope)

My promotion is the 3 mos free premium channels, which I thought was standard with all the Sat. companies.

But that's all the promo I got. The free DVR service promotion had ended before I ordered service. The customer

rep did mention briefly something about a gift certificate or a gift card, (Visa), would be mailed if I kept the service

sometime down the road. But, I didn't catch the time frame or details of that.  

DVR service is an option that you have to specifically order and pay for to check it out.

Thank you for your input sir, I'm not sure how to close this ticket or if I am supposed to. I'll research it and find out.

MM 

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support