Helpful Links

Error Codes 721 and 722: Channel Not Purchased or Service Expired

Highlighted
Community Support

Error Codes 721 and 722: Channel Not Purchased or Service Expired

SatTV2.png

Error Code 721 and 722

Channel Not Purchased and Service Expired

Are you trying to watch TV but see Channel Not Purchased or Service Expired? Are you not seeing your channels? No to worry, you can quickly resolve this by performing the following:

1. Unplug the receiver from the wall outlet for 15 seconds and plug it back in
  2. Refresh your service: go to directv.com/refresh and follow the instructionsRefresh.png
  3. You may need to perform Step 1 and Step 2 in conjunction fully resolve this.

What do error codes 721 and 722 mean?

• Error 721 – Channel Not Purchased sometimes means the channel is not a part of your programming.
  • Error 722 – Service Expired - this error displays when the receiver is not able to access the correct channel information.  

If you are not sure the channel is a part of your line up, log into your account at directv.com. In some cases, an upgrade is needed to view the content. You can chat with us by clicking here to address this.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 7
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTDIRECTVCare
‎11-04-2016 9:48 AM

Re: Error Code 721 and 722: Channel Not Purchased or Service Expired

Are you seeing other error codes? Having DIRECTV service issues? Click here!

Having trouble with the DIRECTV App? Click here!

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7

Recently installed a new genie system at my home we have shows we recorded but cannot FF thru the commercials can you correct his function,the whole reason to record is to skip the commercials please advise . 

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

@Nevadadave55 wrote:

Recently installed a new genie system at my home we have shows we recorded but cannot FF thru the commercials can you correct his function,the whole reason to record is to skip the commercials please advise . 

Those shows were recorded via the networks' OnDemand channel (1000's channel numbers), not satellite channel.  Most networks limit our ability to FF through their own sponsored commercials, and DirecTV has no control over that.  Record those shows from the regular satellite channels and you'll be able to FF through the commercials. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7

Ok do how do you search for channel instead of streaming it reverts to streaming whenever you search a show
Message 5 of 7

This was not helpful
Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

@Nevadadave55 wrote:
Ok do how do you search for channel instead of streaming it reverts to streaming whenever you search a show

Not really the topic of this thread.

Search this forum and you'll find your answer.  In a nutshell, you need to set up the Series Recordings using the Channel Guide instead of Search. Then it will only record from the specified channel. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support