Helpful Links

Error Codes 721 and 722: Channel Not Purchased or Service Expired

Highlighted
Community Support

Error Codes 721 and 722: Channel Not Purchased or Service Expired

SatTV2.png

Error Code 721 and 722

Channel Not Purchased and Service Expired

Are you trying to watch TV but see Channel Not Purchased or Service Expired? Are you not seeing your channels? No to worry, you can quickly resolve this by performing the following:

1. Unplug the receiver from the wall outlet for 15 seconds and plug it back in
  2. Refresh your service: go to directv.com/refresh and follow the instructionsRefresh.png
  3. You may need to perform Step 1 and Step 2 in conjunction fully resolve this.

What do error codes 721 and 722 mean?

• Error 721 – Channel Not Purchased sometimes means the channel is not a part of your programming.
  • Error 722 – Service Expired - this error displays when the receiver is not able to access the correct channel information.  

If you are not sure the channel is a part of your line up, log into your account at directv.com. In some cases, an upgrade is needed to view the content. You can chat with us by clicking here to address this.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Visit our Help Center, for answers to your questions and to troubleshoot issues with our step-by-step guides. For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTCares . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 2
Community Support

Re: Error Code 721 and 722: Channel Not Purchased or Service Expired

Are you seeing other error codes? Having DIRECTV service issues? Click here!

Having trouble with the DIRECTV App? Click here!

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Visit our Help Center, for answers to your questions and to troubleshoot issues with our step-by-step guides. For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTCares . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support