Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Error Code 775

Tutor

Error Code 775

Hello,

i just spent the day redoing my entire TV setup after getting a new TV. This included updating to a newer surge protector. Everything is up and running, however my directv is giving me an error 775 code. I spoke with one of the agents who informed me I’ll have to have a tech come out. But I would prefer not to do that if it is something I can fix on my own. I’m not super technical but I can do my best to follow instructions

rhe receiver model is  HR44-500

i have a swim adaptor which I did to resetting

there is a coax splitter as well as what I believe he called a bridge, but it looks like a router. 

I have reset the reveiver several times as well as the swim adaptor and the bridge but have had no luck. The room and everything didn’t move and as far as I know all my cables and everything are still hooked up, I just can’t get to anything aside from pre recorded shows as it said there is no dish communication. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Message 1 of 22
ACE - Professor

Re: Error Code 775

Did you disconnect any coax cables when changing TVs? Because that's not neccessary. The only thing that should have been disconnected is the audio/video cables,  hdmi etc..between the old tv/new TV and the receiver.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 22
Tutor

From the wall, I didn’t. But I took everything that was on the old tv and moved it to the new one. I left everything connected to the boxes and then just moved them from one tv to the next. 

Message 3 of 22
ACE - Expert

Verify that the SWM Power Inserter is connected to the SWM Splitter's "Power Passing" port. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 22
Tutor

I just checked and it has three cables. One is plugged into the outlet and powered (the green light is on) one white coax cable (or at least I think that’s what it is) is going to the metal coax splitter. Then one black coax cable is connected to the wall

Message 5 of 22
ACE - Expert

@Js10053 wrote:

I just checked and it has three cables. One is plugged into the outlet and powered (the green light is on) one white coax cable (or at least I think that’s what it is) is going to the metal coax splitter. Then one black coax cable is connected to the wall

Can you post a photo?

Message 6 of 22
Tutor

I Can try. It’s kind of behind everything. Do you want it of the SWM box?

Message 7 of 22
ACE - Expert

@Js10053 wrote:

I Can try. It’s kind of behind everything. Do you want it of the SWM box?

Yes.  Hard to understand what's connected where without seeing a photo. 

Message 8 of 22
Tutor

A751863F-036E-4747-AD3F-EAED795E8AF4.jpeg

This is what I have. The white cable goes to the splitter. The black one goes to some device that is connect to the wall and the right cord is plugged into power 

Message 9 of 22
ACE - Expert

@Js10053 wrote:

A751863F-036E-4747-AD3F-EAED795E8AF4.jpeg

This is what I have. The white cable goes to the splitter. The black one goes to some device that is connect to the wall and the right cord is plugged into power 

Can also post a photo of the device connected to the wall?

The "Signal to IRD" output feeds the satellite signal to your DVR/Receivers.  How many do you have?  What model numbers?

The "Power to SWM" feeds power to the dish.  

Message 10 of 22
Tutor

34155EDD-7411-47D2-BCD7-1099F5F74643.jpeg

This is the part that is coming out of the wall that then connects to the SWM  I have the main receiver which is attached to this tv and then two smaller ones in other rooms  I have to verify the models numbers as I’m not sure 4C713A73-280C-40B1-9D4E-E3530709E941.jpeg

This is the back of the main receiver. I don’t recall unplugging anything from it during the process of switching everything. But should anything be plugged in on the far left there? It seems odd to me that nothing is attached to it but I wouldn’t know what I should connect to it. 

Message 11 of 22
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Js10053
‎01-20-2019 11:21 AM

That first photo is just a coupler between two coax cables.  

The problem is you're missing your Satellite connection on the back!  If the white cable from the SWM Power Supply feeds a splitter, then there should be a cable from the splitter output to the back of the DirecTV HR44 Genie DVR. 

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 22
ACE - Professor

That last picture speaks volumes no satellite connection =775. Also you have 3 audio/video connections hooked up:component,  composite and hdmi, (which has nothing to do with 775), but the only one needed is the hdmi.

Message 13 of 22
Tutor

That was it! Thank you so much. I knew it seemed off but I am nearly certain that’s how it was on the old tv since I didn’t unplug anything from the box. That was actually going to be the next thing I tried, but I’m glad I posted the photo and didn’t contact a tech. Thank you again! 

Message 14 of 22
Tutor

Thank you, I thought that seemed odd too. But that’s how they had it set up so I decided to leave it as is. I’ll unplug them as well. Anything I can do to get rid of some cables Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 22
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support