Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more 

Error Code 771 on 1 or 2 Channels

Highlighted

Error Code 771 on 1 or 2 Channels

I was getting error code 771 on one channel but just for a for a few minutes then it was back to normal then I get the error again. Then the second channel that does this hasn't come back at all. We are not having any bad weather, the cords look fine and there is nothing in the way of the dish.

Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Error Code 771 on 1 or 2 Channels

Most likely the dish needs to be realigned there are video on youtube or litzdog911 video posted on here if you can find it if you want to DIY or call/chat with DTV for a service call $99 covered if you have the protection plan.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Error Code 771 on 1 or 2 Channels

There is a known (at least to DirecTV/AT&T) problem with transponder 1 on the 101 degree satellite. They say their engineers are working on it. The list of SD channels affected are : 280 239 282 353 237 296 278 266 204 253 517 856 837 299 335 .

At least they admitted it when I called, and didn't use it as an excuse to upsell me.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Workarounds for resolving common errors. View DIRECTV Error Code Help!
Additional Support