Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Error Code 771 not fixed by any of the self-help solutions

Highlighted
Contributor

Error Code 771 not fixed by any of the self-help solutions

I have been receiving the 771 signal loss code on multiple channels for several weeks.  I have tried all of the resets suggested on Directv's website, but nothing has worked.  I've also looked up at the dish from the ground and it doesn't look like anything is blocking it, although I haven't climbed onto the roof.  Has anyone else had persistent issues and what is the next step?  I'd like to try a receiver upgrade but can't find a place to request that.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert

Re: Error Code 771 not fixed by any of the self-help solutions

This is almost certainly a dish alignment issue and there are no resets that will solve it.  A receiver upgrade wont solve it either. There are videos on youtube showing you how to do dish alignment but honestly the best solution is service visit from Directv. $100, free if you have the protection plan. The service visit includes any hardware replacement that the tech might find necessary

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support