Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Error 775 SWM problem

Tutor

Error 775 SWM problem

Ok, so my tv has been working fine until I came home from work today and there was a 775 error message saying the tv couldn't communicate withe the sattelite. So I called Directv and they said it is the SWM box. The green light is not on. I've checked and everything is screwed on tight is there anything else I can do to try to fix the problem myself? Can it be reset or anything? Today is Tuesday and they can't send anyone out to fix it until Saturday.

Message 1 of 18
Expert

Re: Error 775 SWM problem

is the "SWM box" plugged in to a known working AC outlet?

Message 2 of 18
Tutor

yes, i tested it with a lamp.

Message 3 of 18
Mentor

The SWM power inverter needs to be pulled in to have the green light on to power the system.

Message 4 of 18
Tutor

i'm sorry, i have no idea what that means

Message 5 of 18
Mentor

There should be a black box that has one cable from wall to it and one from it to the receiver. Other end has a power cord and it needs to be plugged in to power the dish LNB to get signals

Message 6 of 18
Expert

Then it looks like the PI is defective. 

one last test.  with the PI plugged in to a KNOWN working AC outlet, remove the cable that says PWR to SWM.  does the light comes on?

Message 7 of 18
Tutor

no it did not come on

Message 8 of 18
Tutor

thats how its plugged in

Message 9 of 18
Expert

Then the PI is defective.

Message 10 of 18
Contributor

I'm having the same problem!!  It recurs fairly frequently;

Message 11 of 18
ACE - Expert

Did you try the troubleshooting advice in this thread?   If so, then you likely have a defective PI.  Call DirecTV for a service visit and they'll come diagnose the problem and replace if necessary.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 12 of 18
Contributor

Is there any way to watch TV without the SWM?  The technician won't be out until Tuesday and tonight is the Walking Dead finale

Message 13 of 18

See if the green light comes on

With the coaxes removed from the swm power inserter

Message 14 of 18

If there is a short somewhere

Like a piece of braid around a center conductor the light will

Also not come on or sometimes it will blink

Message 15 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support