Helpful Links

Error 22 and wifi SSID prompt

Teacher

Error 22 and wifi SSID prompt

I get error 22 when I try to connect to the internet. This used to work fine on my HR22 and HR34 receivers. It won't prompt me to connect to my wifi again so I can enter my SSID. My SSID is not hidden at this time. I disconnect the DECA on the HR22 and reconnect it and still no prompt. I tried entering a static IP and it still won't connect to the internet. I tried resetting the router and the receiver.

Do you have any ideas to try?

Message 1 of 25
Employee

Re: Error 22 and wifi SSID prompt

How are you connecting your DirecTV® receivers to the internet?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 25
Teacher

The HR22 is connected using the DECA and the HR34, I think, is using the CCK. I say I think on the HR34 because the CCK is located at the HR22 location but I think that is just because the WIFI is near the HR22.

To test I disconnected the CAT5 going from the DECA to the HR22 and connected it from the HR22 to the CCK. I can now connect the HR22 to the internet. I guess that mean the DECA is bad? If the CCK is working on the HR22 then why won't it work with the HR34?

Message 3 of 25
Employee

how is the CCK-W connected to the HR22.  There should be no ethernet cable going from the CCK-W to the HR22

The coax coming form the SWM splitter goes to the CCK-W 'towards LNB" port then a coax jumper goes from the HR22 DECA to the CCK-W "towards receiver" port

DECA connects via ethernet to the HR22

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 25
Teacher

I think it is as you described. To test I removed the Ethernet cable from

the DECA and plugged it into the CCK and it found the router.

Message 5 of 25
Teacher

I don't think that's a permanent solution because I would still like to

DECA to work so I could free the CCK for the other receiver.

Message 6 of 25
Employee

the CCK-W connects both receivers via the coax network but it MUST be connected properly

The coax coming form the SWM splitter goes to the CCK-W 'towards LNB" port then a coax jumper goes from the HR22 DECA to the CCK-W "towards receiver" port

Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 25
Teacher

I can connect it back the way it was originally. It's been that way for a

couple years and it's always worked.

Message 8 of 25
Employee

If you want the HR34 to connect to the internet, it has to connect as I mentioned earlier

Employee Contributor*
Message 9 of 25
Teacher

Ok I connected it back and it never sees the router. If I ignore the CCK

connected to the HR34 for now can I get the HR22 working by itself?

The DECA LNB connection is going to the SWIM. The set receiver connection

is going to my receiver. The ethernet cable out of the DCEA is plugged into

the receiver.

Message 10 of 25
Employee

Employee Contributor*
Message 11 of 25
Teacher

I don't see where you say that the coax connects to the hr 22.

Message 12 of 25
Employee

from my post above

"then a coax jumper goes from the HR22 DECA to the CCK-W "towards receiver" port"

Employee Contributor*
Message 13 of 25
Teacher

Ok maybe I got the equipment names wrong.

I will see if I can link to a photo.

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh605/forwheeler/IMG_20140710_200610_286.jpg

Message 14 of 25

I think this is what is referring to:

SWM coax splitter--->Coax Cable--->CCK-W

CCK-W--->Coax Cable--->DECA

DECA--->Coax Cable--->HR22 (Satellite IN)

DECA--->RJ-45 Ethernet Cable--->HR22

Message 15 of 25
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support