Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Equipment upgrade

Highlighted
Contributor

Equipment upgrade

Just upgraded equipment today to wireless genie, if my internet goes out will I still be able to watch shows and change channels ??

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Sage

Re: Equipment upgrade

This is a TV question, not wireless (cell phones). Moving .  . . 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎11-01-2018 4:00 PM

Re: Equipment upgrade

@DTV1112018 wrote:

Just upgraded equipment today to wireless genie, if my internet goes out will I still be able to watch shows and change channels ??

Yes.  Your satellite TV reception has nothing to do with your internet.  If your internet goes out, you just won't be able to access OnDemand/streaming stuff.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support