Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Do DirectTV replacement receivers (from Support) come with power supply?

Scholar

Do DirectTV replacement receivers (from Support) come with power supply?

See title. The disk drive in our four and a half year old HR44-500 finally called it quits yesterday--or I got tired of the ever increasing number of side effects of its progressive failure and called DTV to haggle with Support ("please check if the receiver is plugged in"...)--and a replacement receiver is on the way.

My question is are these replacement receivers just receiver only, or do they come with a new power supply? (Or a new remote, for that matter.) The reason I ask is that getting the old power supply out is a considerably more complicated undertaking (gotta get behind the stand) than just swapping the receiver (can do without moving any furniture) and I'd like to start ahead of time so that that much is done when FedEx comes by tomorrow with the new equipment.

Thanks in advance for any feedback from your experiences.

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by out_by_50
‎07-10-2019 2:45 PM

Re: Do DirectTV replacement receivers (from Support) come with power supply?

@out_by_50 wrote:

See title. The disk drive in our four and a half year old HR44-500 finally called it quits yesterday--or I got tired of the ever increasing number of side effects of its progressive failure and called DTV to haggle with Support ("please check if the receiver is plugged in"...)--and a replacement receiver is on the way.

My question is are these replacement receivers just receiver only, or do they come with a new power supply? (Or a new remote, for that matter.) The reason I ask is that getting the old power supply out is a considerably more complicated undertaking (gotta get behind the stand) than just swapping the receiver (can do without moving any furniture) and I'd like to start ahead of time so that that much is done when FedEx comes by tomorrow with the new equipment.

Thanks in advance for any feedback from your experiences.

They are shipped Complete - The only thing that may be lacking is the remote

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Scholar

@goldw1800 wrote:

That seemed likely but you never can know. I guess I'll get on with figuring out how to extract the old one... Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Professor

@out_by_50 wrote:

@goldw1800 wrote:

That seemed likely but you never can know. I guess I'll get on with figuring out how to extract the old one... Thanks!

No need for that - as the Recordings on the old drive Stay with the Receiver it was recorded on (married) - They will Not transfer - you will activate the "new" DVR and start recording all over again.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
ACE - Expert

@goldw1800  they meant the power brick, it is buried behind the TV.

Message 5 of 8
Scholar

I wasn't referring to anything to do with content/settings--I know that's start over time, and, when I can get it to boot and stay stable for a minute or two, I see that most of the recordings have already been deleted anyway. I was referring to the difficulty in extracting the old power supply from its installed and cabled position in the audio video electronics scheme of things. As noted in the OP, the receiver itself comes easily out from the front. The power supply was buried, and cables bundled/nested, and not really accessible without moving the stand. The receiver took about two minutes to extract. The power supply took the better part of two hours.

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

You can most likely reuse the power supply unless you think it maybe part of the problem/or just want to.

Message 7 of 8
Scholar

I thought of that--for quite a while actually--but the environment here is h**l on all electronics. Given an opportunity to "zero time" the power supply, I felt compelled to take it.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support