Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv Remote is not working with the receiver

Teacher

Directv Remote is not working with the receiver

I tried to move my Directv boxes around while rearranging the house (3 wireless receivers and 1 main reciever).  I tried to move the main receiver into the den, but I found out after the fact that I could not move a hardlined receiver to another room without help.  I moved everything back.  Now the box in the den cuts in and out constantly.  The remote also stopped working.  I moved the wireless receiver to another room to see if it was the cord or the tv.  It works fine in the other room, but the remote still does not work.  How can I get the remote to talk to the receiver again?

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 27
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎12-19-2016 11:45 AM

Re: Directv Remote is not working with the receiver

Try resynchronizing the remote by pressing the MUTE + ENTER keys for a few seconds. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 27
Teacher

That worked!!  Thank you!!  Also, I think the cutting in and out may be due to a bad HDMI cord, so I am getting a new one tomorrow to test that theory.

Message 3 of 27
Contributor

I have the same problem but nothing happens when I do this.

Message 4 of 27
Mentor

If the remote will not respond after that step then try this. First verify you have a RC71/72/73 Genie remote, that is what that step is for. If so then proceed to hold the number one down if the light stays green the batteries are good and you can move on. Hold the mute and select down until the light on the remote blinks two times and enter 981, this resets the remote, then hold the mute ans select down again following the double blink with 987, applies IR mode. Now we go back to hold the mute and enter buttons until the lights on the remote flash repeatedly. Try and change channel. If it is succesful then push the volume buton and follow the onscreen directins to program the tv to the remote. If not then try to reset the receiver, there are times the IR sensor does not respond. If these steps do not resolve call customer service for possible replacement or service call.

Message 5 of 27
Tutor

What can I do for RC66RBX remote?
Message 6 of 27
ACE - Expert

@Vita522, best to start your own new thread.  Besides your remote model number, it would be helpful to know your DVR/Receiver model number and what troubleshooting you've already tried. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 27
Tutor

Thank u,
I am new to this, I tried everything , with trouble shooting with Direct Tv , and so on.
This is my last hope ! receiver model number
C47-700
I actually went to another tV and my both remotes didn't work there, cause I tried to reset them here. And I was able to reset one, with nice instructions , but the other is now dead , in both places . I kind of feel this way now Smiley Sad(
Message 8 of 27
ACE - Expert

@Vita522, thanks for that additional info.  I assume you mean "C41" Mini Genie? There is not "C47" model.  

Anyway, that's the wrong remote for the C41 Mini Genie.  You should be using an RC72 or RC73 remote model. 

Message 9 of 27
Tutor

I have just received a new RC66X remote from Direct TV.  It is not working with my Direct TV receiver.  It is does sync with my TV.

Message 10 of 27
ACE - Expert

@Tomahawk, thanks for starting your own new thread. See my response there. 

Message 11 of 27
Contributor

Thank you! It works right away.

I played around with remote setup, then it stopped working. But this solution works right away!

Message 12 of 27
Contributor

Remote not working with receiver. Ive trird resetting and nothing. It resynced with tv but not my receiver. I also pushed red button on side of receiver and nothing.

Message 13 of 27
Contributor

After a month of resetting / pushing red buttons etc and getting to the connect now screen with nowhere to go after - THIS fixed both my wireless genies and I'm back up to running within 10 minutes of finding this post.

Thank you so much.

Message 14 of 27
Contributor

JCMISS1

Post 5 on this thread!

This post is what I was trying to respond to that fixed my issues.

Can't figure out how to quote =)

Message 15 of 27
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support