Helpful Links

Directv Cinema looses conection

Teacher

Directv Cinema looses conection

Recently, I upgraded to a DVR and I also had the Directv Cinema added, specifically for Netflix.  I watch Netflix through my DVD player.

The problem is that I periodically lose the connection and have to reboot the DVD player to be able to resume watching the program.  The problem is, I don't know if the problem lies in the Directv Cinema box or the DVD player.  The DVD player would be interrupted if the Directv Cinema box lost its signal.

My question is, would using a cable from the router to the DVD player, as opposed to the wi-fi I'm using now, eliminate the problem?

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: Directv Cinema looses conection

Your DVD player internet connection has nothing to do with DirecTV's.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Teacher

Now that I think of it, you are absolutely right.  I'm not sure why I thought they were somehow connected.  I apologize. 

Message 3 of 5
Professor

Wired is always better even for non DTV devices.

Message 4 of 5
Employee

No worries.  just an advice, if your are having issues with your DVD player, try putting it outside on the open and not inside a cabinet or similar, looks like you are getting weak WiFI signal

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support