Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DirectTV h24-700 receiver & G2 antenna

Contributor

DirectTV h24-700 receiver & G2 antenna

Hello, I have a dish and receiver that was included with a purchase of a travel trailer. H24-700 receiver is labelled DirecTV, mfgd 5/15/10. Antenna dish is Winegard "Carryout G2". I either component currently compatible with DirecTV service and what and what not will it receive or carry.  Please point me to current installation instructions for these devices if that exist. Having some trouble finding good basic tech info on the ATT DirecTV site for this gear and the forums do not provide enough background data for me to fully understand tech issues. Your help and response would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by daysailersatman
‎02-16-2019 12:40 PM

Re: DirectTV h24-700 receiver & G2 antenna

While the H24 will work with modern DirecTV service, the Carryout G2 dish will no longer work after April 2019.  You'll need to replace that dish with a Slimline HD dish or Winegard Trav'ler HD Dish.  

Of course, you'll need to activate that H24 on your DirecTV account. What DVR/Receiver models do you currently have?  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: DirectTV h24-700 receiver & G2 antenna

You need to contact Winegard about aiming the dish but basically you connect the coax to both and any dish power supply if needed.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support