Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV will not get past banner and Connecting" on my 4k tv.

Contributor

Direct TV will not get past banner and Connecting" on my 4k tv.

About 2 weeks ago while watching tv, the screen would flash the bar with "connecting". After a bit the show would come back on. Today....nothing. The blue screen with "connecting" is on with the occasional flicker. NO programming. My 3 other tvs work fine! This tv has been unplugged and turned back on.. All cables unplugged and reconnected.. Genie unplugged.. Red button pressed.. TV screen shows unit does self check.. Still nothing. I called the 800 number and didn't get past a computer.. What now?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Direct TV will not get past banner and Connecting" on my 4k tv.

What model numbers are your main Genie and Mini Genie boxes?

Try swapping the "bad" Mini with a good Mini and see if the problem follows the bad Mini or stays in that room.  Post back your results. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

The model number on the main Genie is HR54-200. The model number on the 4K
Genie is C61K-700. I have swapped the 4K "bad" mini with a spare room HD
mini. TV in living room now connects to service using the HD mini. Guess
it's only the 4K mini that does not connect. I'm thinking it's a bad mini.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

@earlnan wrote:
The model number on the main Genie is HR54-200. The model number on the 4K
Genie is C61K-700. I have swapped the 4K "bad" mini with a spare room HD
mini. TV in living room now connects to service using the HD mini. Guess
it's only the 4K mini that does not connect. I'm thinking it's a bad mini.

Nice troubleshooting. Suggest you call DirecTV for a replacement Mini ....  1 800 531 5000

It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, otherwise $20 for shipping.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support