Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Direct TV equipment return

Tutor

Direct TV equipment return

I never received my equipment return kit and I have since been in the phone twice with customer service to get them to resend the box. I still haven't gotten anything. I have been getting emails about paying the bills related to not returning equipment, but last rep said that would be fixed when they received the box. Is there anything else I can do? I really don't want deal with them on the phone again to not get anything accomplished.
Message 1 of 60
Tutor

JefferMC - I can’t see the link.
Message 46 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Links below are locator where you can search for participating stores:

fedex.com/attreturns.

theupsstore.com/locations.

Message 47 of 60
Contributor

Can the DirecTV equipment be returned at a UPS store like AT&T?

Message 48 of 60
ACE - Expert

Only at a participating UPS/FedEx store.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 49 of 60
Contributor

I just cancelled my service and was told that I did not need to return my equipment because, the service rep stated, it was too old.  Is there any way for me to verify this?

Message 50 of 60
Guru

Not without telling us what receivers you have.  We are only customers, like you, but we are familiar with what ATT is asking to return.

Message 51 of 60
Contributor

I have an HR34-700 and H21-100

Message 52 of 60
Contributor

Well, if they don't want them they sure are charging a lot for not returning them and also asking for them. These are Genie. They still use those, right?

Message 53 of 60
ACE - Expert

The HR34 Genies are not returnable the HR44/54 Genies are.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 54 of 60
ACE - Expert

HR34 is the 1st generation Genie and was made non returnable a couple years ago per very nice improvements in the HR44 and HR54. Same with the 1st gen Mini Genie Client (C31).

HD non DVR models H23 (and perhaps H24 as they have H25 which is SWM only like all new equipment) and older are non returnable. So your H21 is non returnable.

At most DirecTV might send you an envelope to dispose/clear of the access cards, but those models would be recyclable otherwise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 55 of 60
Contributor

This is not right we the customer haven't to do all the leg work know that direct tv never sent the returned box

Message 56 of 60
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTHelpForums
‎09-23-2018 2:47 PM

@Gmoya18

AT&T changed Directv's return process several months ago. I assume this was because too many instances of customers not seeing the return box that was delivered, in the case of moving it going to the old address, etc over many years with Directv.

So if you have a returnable model you take to a participating FedEx or The UPS Store (not USPS) for the free return. Just make sure you have your account number of course. This is essentially the same process that AT&T has used for their equipment.

Sorry you don't like it, but the change was made for a logical business decision.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Tags (1)
Message 57 of 60
Tutor

I only had to take mine to UPS Store and they packed it up and gave me return receipts. So Eady!

Message 58 of 60
Contributor

This Doug . Keosauqua Ia 52565 and been trying numerous to return equipment since I cancelled. After numerous times trying to call with no success on how return please help e since got 190.80 bill which I will not pay since I've been trying to  return. 

Thanks, Doug    [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Message 59 of 60
ACE - Expert

@Droush1 wrote:

This Doug Roush@ 903 Louis St. Keosauqua Ia 52565 and been trying numerous to return equipment since I cancelled. After numerous times trying to call with no success on how return please help e since got 190.80 bill which I will not pay since I've been trying to  return. 

Thanks, Doug

We can't help with that.  If DirecTV requested the equipment returned, then you're supposed to take it to a nearby USP or FedEx shipping center along with your DirecTV account number.  Be sure to keep your shipping receipt just in case.  

And you should NOT post private information in a public forum.  

Message 60 of 60
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support