Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Direct TV equipment return

Tutor

Direct TV equipment return

I never received my equipment return kit and I have since been in the phone twice with customer service to get them to resend the box. I still haven't gotten anything. I have been getting emails about paying the bills related to not returning equipment, but last rep said that would be fixed when they received the box. Is there anything else I can do? I really don't want deal with them on the phone again to not get anything accomplished.
Message 1 of 60
ACE - Expert

DTV sends the box via FedEx so do they have the correct address for home delivery?  You then use the United States Postal System(USPS) not UPS to return it.  If DTV has shipped a box they should be able to give you the tracking number.  You can try chat. It is also possible that they don't want it returned as it is to old so they may send a envelope for the access card, if this turns out to be the problem then you can take it to an Ewaste center or go to this website for a shipping label  http://www.goodwilldenver.org/dtvcustomer/?referrer=http://news.directv.com/2013/03/15/want-to-get-r...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 60
Tutor

The last rep double checked the address and it was ok. Both reps were unable to give a tracking number when I requested it and said I would receive an email with that information automatically. I haven't received any emails except for emails letting me know they are charging me for not returning the box. I have checked spam folder to be safe and nothing.
Message 3 of 60
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

You can try sending a PM to @ATTDIRECTVCare then.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 60
ACE - Expert

Reps being unable to provide a tracking number was false. Perhaps they don't know how to look it up on the order, in which case that is a training opportunity for sure. Try the private message option. A return kit and tracking info would not be available only if you had no returnable models. Since it sounds like you have received a bill with non return fees (NRF) than they absolutely can check the tracking. When verifying address, make sure the physical service address where you are is correct as they don't ship to billing address (in case different like P.O. Box, have a summer home/cabin, or billing address is correct but a typo on physical address).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 5 of 60
Tutor

How long does it normally take for a response? I sent them a message two days ago with no response yet.
Message 6 of 60
ACE - Expert

It can take a few days for them to respond. 

Message 7 of 60
Tutor

They have yet to respond. I guess they do not actually care.
Message 8 of 60
ACE - Expert

@JFine1

Directv has been swamped since the acquisition with AT&T. From the last times I have called it seemed to be getting better, but with the recent situation with the NFL protest situation, Directv has gotten swamped again. So they are responding to other private messages before yours as 1st come 1st served. Unfortunately we cannot speed them up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 9 of 60
Contributor

Me to. Where we moved they set up the equipment and we did not have signal. Now they are billing me for service we couldn't get. Three times I was told they would send boxes so I can return equipment. Still don't have them

Message 10 of 60
Tutor

What equipment is considered "returnable"? I have an H24-200 from a service upgrade about 5 years ago. I was told that an Equipment Recovery Kit would be sent when I discontinued service, but the only thing I've received is an Access Card return envelope. Is this what I should expect?

I'm concerned because it's been 2 weeks since I cancelled, leaving me only 1 week before they start billing me for unreturned hardware--assuming, of course, they still want this receiver.

Message 11 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

H24 needs to be returned. You can return it to any one of UPS/FEDEX stores located by the web sites below :

fedex.com/attreturns or theupsstore.com/locations.

Message 12 of 60
Tutor

Thanks! I just got a reply back this evening from customer service; they confirm that the H24-200 has been obsoleted, and they just want the Access Card back. (To clarify: they are no longer offering it through their installers, as it’s been replaced by the Genie and TiVo HD receivers. You may, however, be able to still purchase them through 3rd-party resellers.)

To be safe, I’m putting my receiver into storage until I’m sure they’re not going to ask for it.
Message 13 of 60
Contributor

Help - I'm in a similar situation.  I disconnected on the 17th of January.  DirecTV acknowledged the disconnect on Jan. 18th.  I also got an email acknowledging that they owe me over $60!

Yesterday, I got a "card" to send back the access card.  I can no longer access my account but I have:

3 remotes

2 little boxes - Model C31-700

1 "medium sized box" - DirecTV Cinema Connection Kit

1 Model HR34-700.

And I've got a ton of cords!

I want to get rid of ALL equipment.  But you can't get anyone to tell you anything that "makes sense."

IF all they really really want back is an access card - then I want to have instructions on how to get to it, etc.  I also want a confirmation that everything else is to be thrown away! 

I would simply love a local address where I can delivery all of this equipment and get a receipt and be done!  Is that too much to ask?????

Message 14 of 60
Tutor

I would call them to verify that recovery kits have not been sent. The instructions I received with the Access Card envelope were specific--DO NOT remove the card(s) from the receiver(s) and return them separately if you have been instructed to return the receivers. In my case, they specifically verified that my equipment was obsolete and no longer wanted, but they DO want the Access Card back. Your equipment appears to be newer, so your experience may vary.

The managers at the FedEx Office stores tell me that their return procedures only cover equipment like DSL modems from other AT&T divisions--they have no way of handling DirecTV equipment in their system. That may come later.

Message 15 of 60
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support