Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV Genie slow

Teacher

Direct TV Genie slow

My genie is very slow to respond, whenever I switch channels or switch between a recorded program and channel is is very slow to respond, sometimes taking up to 15 seconds or more, when the buttons on the remote are pressed the receiver blinks, but nothing happens, it's a UHF remote with fresh batteries, I even tried a IR remote and the same thing happens, the receiver is located about 10 feet away and is directly in front of where I sit, it also controls the volume on the TV and that works fine, I've done a regular reset and hard reset of the box and nothing seems to help, I called customer support and was told that the technical department is aware of the problem and are working on a fix, this was seven months ago, my daughter has the same equipment and has no issues, it also has problems with locking up, in that case, I have to shut it off and restart it for it to work, can someone please advise what might be a cure, I am just about done fighting this problem.

Message 1 of 28
Tutor

Re: Direct TV Genie slow

Hello all, I have the HR44 Genie and as of the last couple of days the lag and slow tv crusing has gotten brutally slow, any new fixes? The above steps did not work at all. I am not sure that process works for the HR44 anyways.

Message 16 of 28
Contributor

I just got off the phone with Directv and true to form, they pretend like there isn't a known issue. The rep told me that the normal lag time is 5-19 seconds for Genie Mini's. So, as farr as AT&T is concerned , this should be acceted as normal. I record all of my conversations, so I have this guy recorded telling me this nonesense... 

Message 17 of 28
Contributor

** Correction to previous post **

I just got off the phone with Directv and true to form, they pretend like there isn't a known issue. The rep told me that the normal lag time is 5-10 seconds for Genie Mini's. So, as farr as AT&T is concerned , this should be acceted as normal. I record all of my conversations, so I have this guy recorded telling me this nonesense... 

Message 18 of 28
Contributor

The fix stated in April worked until the last step: Mute-Select- two green light flash - 963. After the 3 I got two red light flashes. This is the second time I did this fix. For some reason the 480i checked itself back on. Is the 963 a SAVE command?

Message 19 of 28
Contributor

Do I have to turn around two time, then stand on my head and spit as well?

Message 20 of 28
Contributor

i did the above and all is well now.  hold mute and select, 2 green blinks, enter 963 and it worked!!!!

Message 21 of 28
Contributor

Whatever you do, do not put "CLEARMYBOX" in the search, as one hateful person suggests.  DELETED ALL MY RECORDINGS, TIMERS, ETC    Smiley Sad 

Message 22 of 28
ACE - Expert

Must have been something else wrong with the hard drive as doing a    clearmybox    doesn't do anything to the recordings.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 23 of 28
ACE - Expert

Clearmybox does not delete any of those things unless your hard drive has failed..

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 24 of 28
Contributor

As I followed the seemingly random step by step directions I couldn't help but feel I was being pranked. Great News! It's not a prank, it works! Thank you for posting this solution.
Tags (1)
Message 25 of 28
Teacher

I know it sounds like fake directions, I felt the same way!
Message 26 of 28
Contributor

I was going to up grade to genie (1 genie, 4 minis) today until the tech who came out said it takes 5 to 10 sec to change channels. This is unacceptable. Cancelled order.  Calling Dish!

Message 27 of 28

Due to the age of the OP, this topic has been closed to new replies. If you wish to discuss a similar issue, then please post a new message on the board that best matches the subject that you wish to discuss. Thanks!

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too! Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

Message 28 of 28
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support