Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV Antenna

Direct TV Antenna

I cancelled my service and returned all the equipment except for the antenna.  The customer service rep for ATT mentioned that I would get a call from a tech to pick up the antenna.   It has been 3 months and I have not heard from them and it has not been picked up.  What can I do?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎08-15-2019 4:40 PM

Re: Direct TV Antenna

Nothing. The dish is yours. Directv does not pick up dishes when accounts are cancelled.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎09-10-2019 9:21 AM

@delafuente2003 

Agent gave you bad info. DirecTV never sends someone to remove/reclaim the receiving dish. Upon install you own it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5

Omg! Thanks! I guess I will be looking for somewhere to recycle it. The antenna was not installed on my roof, it’s in my patio and taking lots of room.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

The receiving dish itself gets recycled like other metal, but the LNB (the eye) will be electronic recycling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support