Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV 4K Really?

Contributor

Direct TV 4K Really?

Just called Direct TV to see about adding 4K to my package with my new 4K TV.  The technician told me it would be $398.00 up front.  Didn't even want to listen at that point.  Just told the guy to have a nice day.  

Direct TV/AT&T, I already have paid for a 4K TV.  I already have a Direct TV Box.  You didn't include the correct box to watch 4K on when I signed up for your service.  That is on you, not me.  Already have Ultimate programming.  $398.00?  Really?

When 2 year contract is up, I will be going to one of your many competitors.

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert

Re: Direct TV 4K Really?

I would callback because that cost is not normal, unless maybe you are trying to upgrade only a a couple months or so into service. If you allready have a Genie, i would be a 4K Mini Genie Client (C61) for $99 unless you qualify for a free upgrade, because any earlier Genie would be complimentary swapped to be compatible with a 4K upgrade.

4K Requirements:

HR54 Genie on non 4K tv

C61 Mini Genie Client (wired only at this time) on 4K tv

4K tv must support HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0, and 60fps (frames per second)

Direcv Installation, 4K tv must be there

Package Select or above as of 12/15/2016 (used to be only Ultimate or Premier)

There are only three 4K channels at this tiem (1 regular, 1 select sporting events, 1 ppv)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support