Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital audio to analog audio

Contributor

Digital audio to analog audio

I have an analog soundbar, and need to buy a converter to make the wireless Genie mini work for an audio source.  Is the digital audio output on these a PCM/LPCM format, or Dolby?  There apparently converters, and there are decoders.  Which one to buy?

Message 1 of 8
Employee
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎11-11-2015 2:35 PM

Re: Digital audio to analog audio

The minis do actually have analog audio outputs, you just need the 10 PIN DIN breakout cable available from DIRECTV or 3rd party resellers such as solidsignal.com

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

The problem is that the TV has no audio output. When you choose the

HDMI input, it does not receive the component signal, audio included. I

have both hooked up, and the 10 pin breakout cable, when hooked with one

lead (yellow) to the video input on the tv, it shows up black and white,

and no audio coming through the soundbar. So, I have ordered a digital

decoder to hook up. I hope it works.

Message 3 of 8
Employee

No, the breakout cable connects directly to the soundbar

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8
Professor

And you only use the red and white outputs of the 10 pin cable to the soundbar.

Message 5 of 8
Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  Mission accomplished.  You were right, no decoder needed.  I ordered one and sent it back..  Thanks again.

Message 6 of 8
Employee

Awesome. Thanks for the update

Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 8
Contributor

I have an HR44-700. I have been using coax out to a DAC to my analog amplifier. DAC currently out of commision, so I'm trying to hook up component audio out of dvr straight into amp. I can get left or right channel sound when only one rca plug is plugged into DVR, but when i plug in both rca plugs, only one channel works. Have switched from regular rca jacks, to coax jacks and even switched amps, but same problem. I have even used right plug from 1 cable, and the left plug from another cable with same results. And it makes no difference if box is set up for dolby or pcm????

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support