Helpful Links

Digital Audio on wireless genie mini

Highlighted
Contributor

Digital Audio on wireless genie mini

I just had my direct tv installed yesterday.  I have some wireless genie minis.  There is no S/PDIF jack on the back but there is a digital audio port.  My question is, my older lcd tv does not have a S/PDIF jack so I had been using my cable box (which had a S/PDIF jack to connect to my soundbar for better audio quality.  How does the digital audio port on the back of the genie mini work.  Is there a way to connect that to my soundbar or am I stuck with analog audio?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: Digital Audio on wireless genie mini

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Will that work for a Sound Bar also?

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

@Tomjb1, maybe.  But it would help to have more info about your DirecTV equipment, Soundbar, and how you plan to connect everything. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support