Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DVR to DVR transfer

Contributor

DVR to DVR transfer

My Genie gave up on me last week and I lost all recordings  and settings. Is it possible to transfer from old to new Genie?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎09-11-2018 4:01 PM

Re: DVR to DVR transfer

Unfortunately no.   And even if you could, with a defective/dead old DVR, there would be no way to transfer them anyway.  Hopefully you can find those recordings via OnDemand or as repeats and record them again. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thank you. I was looking forward to watch my almost full capacity
recordings during the autumn time. The companies should provide a solution
to let customers enjoy their saved contents.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

DTV is for time shifting programs not long term storage and when the hard drive fails there is nothing you or DTV can do to recover anything from it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Master

@DIRECTTV2 wrote:
Thank you. I was looking forward to watch my almost full capacity
recordings during the autumn time. The companies should provide a solution
to let customers enjoy their saved contents.

some do, like dish, but it still wont work on a dead hard drive or dvr

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to troubleshoot your DIRECTV DVR & Receiver. View DVR & Receiver Help!
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support