Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DVR recordings missing

Teacher

DVR recordings missing

Just adding to the chorus. I hate the new format and disappearing shows stop “improving”!

Message 1 of 132
Teacher

Re: DVR recordings missing

That's interesting, mine is actually worse the last 2 weeks. After watching one episode of several recorded, the remaining episodes disappeared!! Found them later in history.
It's outrageous what they are getting away with.
Message 106 of 132
Teacher

It really is outrageous what they are getting away with. I called them yesterday. My thinking was that if they would give me new equipment it might solve the issue, cause one would think that the new equipment has the most current software. NOPE.

The tech person I talked to said that new equipment wouldn't solve the issue because it has the software issue too. I asked her if that meant they were installing new Directv into people's homes with these known issues. She said YES. I can't even believe how lame that is. People are under contract when they start service - so they are stuck with this buggy system with broken features. I bet no one tells them this before they sign up. Smiley Sad I was appalled really. 

I'm switching to Fios TV.

Message 107 of 132
ACE - Expert

@Llilith wrote:

I'm switching to Fios TV.

Be sure to check the FIOS TV support forum.  They're not perfect, either. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 108 of 132
Highlighted
Mentor

Is this the update??? 20190119_111029_2.jpg

Message 109 of 132
Tutor

@rickwhoo, yes that is the update.

After 7 months, I finally got the update about two weeks ago and it seems to have fixed the issue.

I actually ran the 02468 trick on the remote when the dvr first reboots to update it early one Saturday morning but it didn't seem to actually update the dvr. However the next morning at 3am the dvr updated and rebooted and we now have all our recordings back.

I'm not sure whether the manual update did the trick or whether the rollout just happened to get to my box but it might be worth trying if you haven't got the update yet.

Message 110 of 132
Teacher

Yep. I got it the day after I called them and started shopping for other service. So far so good. Still disappointed in how long it took. 

Message 111 of 132
Mentor

I like the screen saver pics... 

Message 112 of 132
Mentor

I'm still missing some recordings... If it wasn't for my bill being cut in half I'd cancel service.

Message 113 of 132
ACE - Expert

@rickwhoo wrote:

I'm still missing some recordings... If it wasn't for my bill being cut in half I'd cancel service.

Do you have the latest Genie software yet .... v 0x114b?

If not, then you still have the "missing recording" bug. 

If you do have that version, then something else is wrong with your DVR. Could be failing hard drive. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 114 of 132
Mentor

Did you see my comment in post 109? Isn't that the update??? I currently have several shows missing.

Message 115 of 132
ACE - Expert

@rickwhoo wrote:

Did you see my comment in post 109? Isn't that the update??? I currently have several shows missing.

Yes, I saw that.  Your Genie appears to have downloaded the new software, but it's not installed yet.  

Message 116 of 132
Mentor

How and when when  it install? 

Message 117 of 132
ACE - Expert

@rickwhoo wrote:

How and when when  it install? 

Good question. Try resetting your Genie with the red reset button near the access card and see if it installs the update.

Message 118 of 132
Mentor

I'll try that after it stops recording something. 

DirecTV just told me to try that as well.

Message 119 of 132
Mentor

Some of my recordings  aren't  in HD. The surround sound isn't working on some programs.

Message 120 of 132
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support