DVR Randomly Deleting Programs

Tutor

DVR Randomly Deleting Programs

Hey Guys, I am having a problem with my DVR randomly deleting programs.  I was watching recorded programs yesterday.  Before I watched a particular program I noticed that I had many things on my DVR.  After a 30 minute episode of recorded material was watched (which happened to be the last of that series) I was going to watch a new show and the entire folder was gone.  I also noticed that about 5 different show (entire folders) had been deleted.  I looked in the settings and it said that it had been deleted by user, thought I did not delete them.  Also, I have it set up to record new shows, keep till I delete, and all that.  This is the second time this has happened.  The first time I did not think much of it but now I am a bit concerned.

I have a HR24-500 DVR.  We only have one DVR, one Remote and one TV so no one else could have done it from another room either.

Message 1 of 9 (2,542 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: DVR Randomly Deleting Programs

Very unusual. First thing to try is resetting the DVR using the red button behind the front panel access card door.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9 (800 Views)
Tutor

I would guess that this would help prevent future problems and there is no way to get the deleted programs back.

Message 3 of 9 (800 Views)
Expert

What % of unused space does the HR24 report on it's hard drive?  Note a couple of facts.  The "keep until I delete" is a pretty useless setting as the "keep at most" which defaults at 5 will over power that delete setting.  As Litzdog said, a self deleting DVR is VERY unusual as the operating system usually just fails totally if the box goes bad.

Message 4 of 9 (800 Views)
Employee

Do you have you own dish or you are sharing a dish?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 9 (800 Views)
Tutor

55% free. I have it set up to keep all till I delete.

Message 6 of 9 (800 Views)
Tutor

The dish is common to an apartment complex.

Message 7 of 9 (800 Views)
Employee

Hmmmmmm, it looks like some one else is deleting your shows.  go to MENU -> Settings -> settings _> Whole Home -> Status -> do you see other DVRs listed?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 9 (800 Views)
Tutor

No others listed.

Whole home DVR authorized

Network DVR sharing off, deletion off

Message 9 of 9 (800 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support