Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DVR Downloading On-Demand Episodes

Contributor

DVR Downloading On-Demand Episodes

Hello All,

I'm only a few days into my new DirecTV install and all is going well. I noticed what I would call weird behavior from my Genie DVR. When I setup to record Grey's Anatomy for my wife, it downloaded all available episodes from our ABC On-Demand station to the DVR. Likewise with the entire second season of Lucifer (13 episodes). Is this normal behavior for the Genie DVR? Unfortunately I tried calling tech support, but I fear I confused the poor girl.

My Comcast and U-verse DVRs never exhibited this behavior so I found it a bit odd. If its normal, no problem, just wanted to make sure. And I did confirm it's set to record future episodes.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ricoj1978
‎03-20-2017 7:28 PM

Re: DVR Downloading On-Demand Episodes

When you use search to find programs you have to select upcoming episodes then select the date and time otherwise it will use the default settings of all channels and On Demand for binge watchers or you can also use the guide and double click the record button to record the series. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: DVR Downloading On-Demand Episodes

Thanks! That explains it!
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support