Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DTV flashes "Connecting"

Highlighted
Tutor

DTV flashes "Connecting"

We had a small amount of snow yesterday. Turned on DTV in bedroom and screen shows flashing "Connecting"...will not connect. The set in the basement uses the same dish; no issues. I have checked all the connections and reset the genie box (red button) several times with no luck. 

Message 1 of 8
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by RORLOG
‎01-01-2018 3:26 PM

Re: DTV flashes "Connecting"

Just spoke with Tech Rep. He recommended resetting the main receiver first (red button); then once refreshed, reset the Genie receiver. Apparently, there is a timing/sequence issue with multiple (whole home) receivers. Anyway, that did the trick. No further issues. Hope this helps.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Teacher

Unplugging everything and pushed the red button did not work. I thought I had a solution by unplugging everything and pushed the red button on my genie "3" and the messages stopped for 'that' day. Today message back. My 'solution' was 'not' permanent. How do I reset the Genie receiver after I have already pushed the red button????

BTW I 'have' a HDMI which is already being used by the setup.

Again this message occurred right after the new screens appeared after the software was automatically changed by the company.

Thx.

Lois

Message 3 of 8
Teacher

How do you reset the Genie receiver?

Message 4 of 8
Teacher

What kind of Genie server do you have?  You're looking for the little red button and it's located differently for the different Genie servers.

HR44 = found behind little door on front panel right side where access card is located.  just under the access card.

HR54 = found on right side of box near access card

HS17 (Genie 2) = found on right side back corner toward bottom of the curved corner

Message 5 of 8
Teacher

HR54-200 Genie 3. On the right side on the 'side' next to the access card. I already pushed that. Where is another place I have to push to reset?

Message 6 of 8
Teacher

Is in a satellite reset? I already did that too.

Message 7 of 8
Teacher

Is this the forum that talks about the 'message' that "your TV doesn't support.....? I might have used the wrong forum for my question/comment?

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support